Saturday, July 2, 2011

dan collins and a piano at JavaVino

On Thursday evening my friend Katherine and I went to JavaVino, a local coffeshop, to hear a supremely talented local musician (who just happens to also be my roommate) play the piano and sing.



JavaVino is a coffeeshop that I've only just discovered. I'm used to walking downtown for coffee and because going to JavaVino necessitates an (albeit quick) drive, I was a little hesitant. However, I was pleasantly surprised after having taken the plunge. JavaVino's atmosphere is lively and bright, and you can tell the owner/s have put a lot of effort into creating a space that draws people of a wide variety of ages. The staff was also friendly and welcoming, which is more than I can say for some other local coffeeshop-type establishments.






This red velvet cheesecake muffin was my purchase... sadly I could only nibble at it because I'd inundated myself with sugar all day. Neil was pleased to have a treat when I returned home.


My friend Katherine accompanied me to JavaVino. I love this photo of her--this is the shot that was captured when I said something that made her laugh. This infectious smile is so Katherine.


Aaaand me.



The star of the show himself, Dan Collins, even stopped by our table to say hello before going back to playing.





At one point as I was taking pictures, the husband of JavaVino's owner offered to take a picture of me sitting in the chair behind him. As you can see, I looked pretty hilariously awkward. This was the last photo that he took; I averted my eyes because I thought he might be taking just a photo of Dan, but apparently not...


  left some sticky notes with my tip :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...