Friday, July 8, 2011

stellar shops: odana antiques in madison, WI

For fear of boring the pants off anyone who looks at my blog, I wanted to save this post for another Friday in the future - my last stellar shop was an antique shop, and I don't want to inundate anyone. But because I haven't yet put together a post about any of the boutique-y places I've visited recently, this will have to do. Bear with me and know that future stellar shops are totally worth the wait. They won't be all antique stores, promise.

Odana Antiques
6201 Odana Road
Madison, WI 53719

http://www.odanaantiques.com/

I meandered around Odana Antiques for probably close to an hour and a half, and I got maybe halfway through the ground floor. I took photos of some things that caught my eye.I was impressed by many of the displays.




































I WANT TO BUY ALL OF THE ABOVE TEXTILES.

my sole (gorgeous) purchase





Overall, Odana Antiques was a bit pricey for my cheapo, petrified-of-going-deeper-into-debt self -- especially since I've gotten so spoiled by flea market finds lately. It's probably the top tier antique place in Madison, and there were a lot of wonderful displays and good quality finds, but I think I prefer to dig in grimy bins for my treasures. I'm one for cheap thrills! I wouldn't turn down going there again, but I'm not going to seek it out next trip because it's just too torturous to see so many handkerchiefs, tablecloths, quilts, buttons, floral prints, framed ephemera... all way above my price range. I'm not a glutton for punishment.

But if I'm ever rich, oh, I will certainly be back to Odana Antiques in a heartbeat. (I'd have to marry rich, though. After all, I'm going to be a librarian.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...